Home Forums National Events We have 4 years to Bring Back the Heartland

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Richard MoniuszkoRichard Moniuszko
      Participant

Reply To: We have 4 years to Bring Back the HeartlandBiden will win this election, but it’s only a temporary reprieve from the overwhelming anger and disillusionment of many people in the midwest and rust belt. We have to do something to help them economically or Trump (or someone just as bad) will be back to win in 4 years. These two colunms from NY Times really hit home with me.

Richard MoniuszkoRichard Moniuszko
      Participant

Arthur SegalArthur Segal
      Participant

hi ron. i truly hope you’re correct that biden will win. ga and pennsy are almost done counting, and basically biden and trump are tied. AP and axios and others have called AZ for biden, but the rest of the news agencies are unsure,just as they are unsure about NV. there is 10-15% votes uncounted in these two states. winning back the heartland: when we look at maps, its obvious, the cities are dem and rural are repubs. it’s not the heartland because the ‘heartland’ is spread thru out the usa. the NE and the west coast are blue but not 100% blue. there is heartland in all of the blue states, and some blue in all of the red states. so what do we mean by heartland> what are heartland values that heartland folks see that dems don’t have. or is it based on misinformation, like the propaganda coming out of the white house and twitter for 4 years? or is it basically white folks seeing their white USA slip away? and there is no cure for bigotry. to answer ron’s question, we need to sit down and talk with heart land folks and listen to their wants, desires and fears.on hhi, in the past few days, i’ve gotten calls and emails, from intelligent repubs who have joined fb pages calling for armed insurrection. and when i ask what is biden taking from you, that trump has give you, they say things like biden will ruin my health care. since most of my friends are my age and on medicare and supplemental policies, i can easily show them how that isn’t changing. and when i go thru every talking point, and can aleve fears in a sentence or two, we are left with one sticking point, they don’t want non-whites taking over. and by that they means Blacks. The are fine with Asians like Nikki Haley and even Jews, but when you get them to open up, the truth comes out. They see Blacks as the root cause of the econ, drug issues, health care costs, etc etc. And no matter what i say, can change their minds. We are not going to change deep seated scapegoat bigotry. Now these folks will support causes helping Blacks, like the Gullah museum, or deep well, etc, but they dont want ”them” running things. this is hard to write, esp with such uncertainty with the election, but when the heartland becomes less lily white, and more of color, and intermarriages take place, and politicians try to bring us together with education, in 20 years, we may have an american, not thinking in terms of race, blue v red, but as one country. as always, i pray i am wrong.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.